- you can eat in a salads, as a garnish or it can be cooked.
- it takes 35 days for it to grow in to a baby and 53 days to make it a full grown
- the climate must be cool around 40 to 65 degrees
- to grow it needs good soil and steady water
- its a good source of minerals, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E and vitamin C
-its leaves measure from 10-20 cm
-when it becomes a "mature" plant, it'll measure to the height of 8" to 12"
-5 to 10 days until germination
An interesting recipe for Oak Leaf Lettuce:
-A piece of grilled salmon on oak leaf lettuce, sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil, lay peach slices on top, sprinkle with honey and oil, spoon remoulade sauce over oak leaf and top with sauteed scallops, and sprinkle with walnut oil and walnuts.