The garden finally dried out so we could work in it. The weeds had started to take over so we turned the soil to hopefully kill most of them. We also needed to recreate the bowls around each plant. The carrot seeds have not appear which means they probably will not and one lettuce and one kale died. Next week we will plant their replacements and addition plants to fill in the holes.
We are preparing for another round of heavy rains tomorrow. We have added rocks in strategic areas where the water is weathering and eroding the soil. We also recovered a path between rows. The last rain pushed all of the pine straw and the weed cloth to one end. Finally, we dug all sediment and deposition that was left by the last rain storm and move it to another area. We shall see how this works ni the next few days. Cross you fingers!!
I hope you enjoy learning how the garden changes throughout the school year.